Wednesday 24 October 2012

Singapore Shiok! - Haymarket, Chinatown - Sydney, Australia

Singapore Shiok!

Another hidden gem tucked away in Eating World. This restaurant has been here for a few years now and I was first introduced to it by my friend who loves eating Hainan chicken and for him to say its good means its really good. The owners are Singaporean as I can tell from their accent so its authenticity isn't doubted.

They offer a wide variety of dishes you could expect to find in Singapore from laksa, char kway teo and even har mee. I use to be a frequent diner here but now days I only go once every so often due to my proximity to the city from work.

I always have trouble deciding what I should eat before Uni. The choices are endless and my stomach is sometimes too full from lunch to have a heavy dinner.


On this occasion, I decide to go with the 'Hainanese Roast Chicken Set ($11.95)' and was great value for money.






The chicken skin has a slight crunch to it and the meat is silky and smooth. It goes well with the thick soya sauce and the accompanying chill/ginger sauce.


The green vegetables dressed in oyster sauce balances out the flavour of the chicken.


The soup is bland and lacks that depth chicken stock flavour other places have.

I published the post and realised I forgot to mention whether the rice was any good. One of the most important parts of the meal! The rice was fragrant and bursting with chicken stock flavour. It wasn't sludgy and gluggy. One of the best ones I've had.

Authentic chicken rice found in Sydney!

Where?
Eating World - Harbour Plaza
Level B1, Shop 213, 25 Dixon St
Haymarket NSW 200
Australia

Phone no: NA

Opening Hours
11am till TBA

Website
NA

Singapore Shiok on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment