Thursday 25 October 2012

Kuma Japanese Restaurant - Rosebery - Sydney, Australia

Kuma Japanese Restaurant


 I always have the thought of whether Japanese restaurants are owned by Koreans or Japanese. The restaurant near where I live is a Japanese restaurant but the owners and staff all speak Korean with the food greatly influenced by Korean flavours. I don't mind their version of Japanese food but it's just not the same. The flavour combinations are different and even what's available on the menu varies with additions such as bimimbap.

Kuma has only been open for a few months but it has garnered a good customer base of locals and workers. They have made to order sushi, a selection of ramen and bento boxes.



The first time I went, I was actually quite disappointed after realising the staff were Korean but after ordering my mind changed. It appears the chef is a mix of Korean/Japanese and therefore the flavours are Japanese influenced.


The 'Teriyaki Chicken Box' is just the right portion size for someone who doesn't want to feel bloated after a meal. The chicken is cooked to perfection and the sauce is surprisingly sweet and tasty. I love the agedashi tofu which is served hot in a light soya sauce. The mixed vegetables is dressed with a sesame dressing which I much prefer over the vinegary types.


The serving of rice is adequate but a little more would be perfect.


Miso soup is pushed aside as I don't like miso soup at all.

Not the best 'Japanese' restaurant to go to but in an area where the food options are limited, this is pretty good.

Where?
5-9 Rothschild Ave
Rosebery NSW 2018
Australia

Phone no: 02 9663 2902

Opening Hours
Monday - Saturday
11:30am - 10pm

Website
NA
 
Kuma Japanese Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment