Monday 23 January 2012

Passionflower - Haymarket - Sydney, Australia

Passionflower

Dessert is always a must have after a meal even though everyone may be full to their brinks. This was no exception after the meal at Encasa. We were all very full from the dinner and decided we would walk around the Chinese New Year markets in Belmore Park before deciding on a place to have dessert. The only place we could think of that was within walking distance was Passionflower, located within Capitol Theatre in Haymarket.

Passionflower have been known for their exotic Asian icecreams and desserts. They have a lot of unusal flavours you don't see at the normal gelato stores that will test your taste buds. These include such flavours like durian, jackfruit, black sesame, pandan and sticky rice.

The menu seemed endless and I couldn't decide on what I wanted whereas my cousins already knew what they wanted before they even went in. It took me a while before I made my order. The pictures just looked so delectable and I wanted to try every single one literally.



I had 'Three Crepes with Maple Syrup and Two Flavours of Ice-cream ($13.00+$1.00 for premium flavours)'. The crepes were paper thin and matched well with my two ice-cream choices of pandan and black sesame. The maple syrup was a great addition but it wasn't necessary. A very satisfying dish which I struggled to finish on my own.



My cousins had 'Strawberry Waffles with Chocolate Sauce ($13.80)'. The serving of strawberries was really generous and they seemed to enjoy their dish very much, judging by their clean plates.

It was then off to the claw machines upstairs. Who can resist those ching ching noises from above calling us with those cute soft toys.

A great place for a catch up that won't be too heavy on your wallet.

Where?
Passionflower Capitol Square
Shop G12, Capitol Square
730-742 George St
Haymarket NSW 2000

Phone no: 02 9281 8322

Opening Hours
Sunday to Thursday: 10am - Midnight
Friday and Saturday: 10am - 1am
Public Holidays: 10am - Midnight

Website
 
Passionflower on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. The blogs are really appreciable and one can trust the knowledge and information provided in the writing.The article you do produce on a weekly base
    really the best. I have found a similar website dessert places sydney visit the site to know more about Pure Gelato.

    ReplyDelete