Monday 23 January 2012

Almond Roca - Costco - Sydney, Australia

Almond Roca

So what is 'Almond Roca', you may ask? For those who have been to Costco, an American wholesale supermarket, you may have seen these within the confectionery section. It's not a lolly and it not chocolate either. It's made up of rich butterscotch toffee, chocolate and a crushed almond coating that is crunchy with a soft bite to it which melts in your mouth.

Ever since Costco in Auburn has been opened, I've been frequently visiting the store to make use of my $60 yearly subscription. On my first visit, I noticed a striking pink tin with the words 'Almond Roca' and 'Made in USA' and I knew I had to try it. At the cost of $10.99 a tin with approximately 100 in each tin, the price was a steal. It retails in David Jones for over $30.00.

For those who have a sweet tooth, it may be extremely addictive. From the on set of opening the sealed tin which keeps the 'Almond Roca' fresh to the unwrapping of the individually foil wrapped candy lies the delicious roca that explodes with crunch, chewiness, butter and chocolate.

If you haven't tried it, get yourself down to Costco. It's a must try!
 
Tin

Close Up of Tin

Info

Wrapping

Un-foiled

Insides

Other Views

Other Views
More Information

8 comments:

  1. I just joined up with Costco but didn't see Almond Roca (which I love) at Auburn. Do you know if they still sell it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Winne,

    Sorry for the delayed response. I'm new to the blogging world and didn't notice there was a comments section.

    You have probably got your Almonda Roca already. If you haven't, they stock it all the time. Just give them a call beforehand to see if they have it in stock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi how many grams is this tin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anonymous,

    It's approximately 800 grams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, omg, I remember these from my 80's childhood. The only place to get these was at a florist, of all places, in a small NSW country town. I can't wait for Costco to open next month. Thank you for blogging this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. Prediksi Sydney

    ReplyDelete