Tuesday 11 February 2014

Pancakes on the Rocks - Beverly Hills - Sydney, Australia.

Pancakes on the Rocks

 
 
It's actually been a long time since my last visit to Pancakes on the Rocks. It was either not in proximity or we had other new restaurants we wanted to try out, the latter being the most likely case. It has expanded its restaurants to many locations and finally there is one close to home in the south.

 
Pancakes on the Rocks in Beverly Hills has taken over the Brazilian restaurant that previously occupied that space, on the corner of the very busy King Georges Road. Parking in Beverly Hills can be a nightmare as it is rather limited during lunch and dinner time. However, they offer underground parking which is a plus.

 
It's a family friendly restaurant that caters for all ages and I find that the food is pretty consistent no matter which location you end up going to. It is spacious inside and what I like about these restaurants is the casual dining atmosphere and pocket friendly prices, but they seem to have gone up a bit since my last visit.

 
The 'Nachos ($14.95)' is one of my all-time favourites. We asked for the sour cream on the side as me, being the picky eater, does not like sour cream mixed together. I like the crunchiness of the corn chips with the beef sauce, beans, tomato salsa and jalapeno peppers, smothered in melted cheese and guacamole. They were very generous with the portion but unfortunately there was way too much beans and I struggled to find much meat at all.

 
The 'Chicken Caesar Salad ($15.95)' was delicious. Again, the portion size was very decent. A mix of cos lettuce, bacon, croutons, parmesan cheese and grilled chicken topped with Caesar dressing. I previously mentioned in my other post that my favourite place to have the Caesar salad is definitely Pancakes on the Rocks hands down. I love their dressing and there is just the right balance of flavours that makes it taste really good. They don't drench the salad with sauce like some other places. The only let down was the stale croutons.

 
Who doesn't like ribs? That glistening glaze on a long strip of grilled 'Pork Ribs ($28.95)' is just scrumptious with a side of wedges and salad. We opt for the barbeque marinade and it's pretty good. If only they put it in the over for a few extra minutes it was have been better as it didn't have that grilled golden brown colour yet, but it's hard to tell from the picture because of the sauce.

 
By this time we were struggling to finish, but how could we leave without having their renowned pancakes. I prefer thicker pancakes as opposed to the thinner as I like the cake texture. The 'Bananarama ($12.95)' comes as two thick pancakes topped with grilled banana, ice-cream, cream and butterscotch sauce. I'm drooling at the thought of it. The pancakes are perfectly cooked and not overcooked like my past few experiences. A definite order if you like banana.

 
They serve a mean breakfast I hear but that will be for another time. Will definitely be dropping by more frequently to have their delicious pancakes.

This is my last post for this month before I fly off to Singapore and Seoul, Korea. It will be filled with lots of eating and I can't wait to go to back to my favourite country, Singapore, as I embark on eating my favourite foods such as Hainan chicken rice, clay pot rice and herbal soup. This is my first time going to Seoul so it will be an adventure. I have a  big backlog of posts to go through but I'll be sure to find time upon my return.

Where?
507 King Georges Rd
Beverly Hills NSW 2209
Australia

Phone no: 02 9580 7220

Opening Hours
Sunday - Thursday
7am - 12am
Friday - Saturday
7am - 1am

Website
http://www.pancakesontherocks.com.au/
 
Pancakes on the Rocks on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment