Tuesday 26 February 2013

Ippudo - Sydney - Sydney, Australia

Ippudo

I saw this restaurant in Singapore before it opened in Sydney and the queue for it was so long that I gave up cause it could have easily been a half an hour wait.


Having opened in Sydney recently, we were keen on trying it out given it had so many rave reviews worldwide.


We went within its first month of opening for dinner and not much people knew about it yet. It was straight through the door without waiting.



Service was prompt and efficient. The interior is nicely decorated and everything is evenly spaced which doesn't make it feel squashy.


The 'Ippudo Pork Bun ($4.00 each)' was basically a steamed bun with braised pork and sauce. I wasn't really a fan of the flavours but my friend loved it. The bun was soft and airy which covered the melt in your mouth pork belly.


The 'Shiromaru Motoaji Ramen ($15.00)' was served with thin noodles in a tonkotsu broth and topped with pork, cabbage, black mushroom and shallots. It was just 'normal'. Looks like there was more soup than anything else.


The 'Akamaru Shinaji Ramen ($16.00)' is pretty similar to the 'Shiromaru Motoaji' but with the additional blended miso paste and garlic oil. Even though all elements of the ramen were good, it just wasn't as great as I was expecting. The portion size was fairly small compared to other Japanese restaurants.

As we were about to leave, we noticed the line was pretty long. So be prepared to wait if you arrive later in the evening.

Don't think I'll go out of my way for this ramen as I much prefer Menya Ramen. Given the price and the portion size, I don't think I'll be in a hurry to return but if I did, I'll try out some other items.

Where?
Westfield Sydney
Level 5, 188 Pitt St
Sydney NSW 2000

Phone no: 02 9573 0011

Opening Hours
Everyday
11am - 11pm

Website
http://www.ippudo.com.au/

Ippudō on Urbanspoon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment