Saturday 4 August 2012

My Canh - Bankstown - Sydney, Australia

My Canh
 

We always seem to walk past this restaurant looking into the windows to see what diners are having but have never actually step foot into the restaurant cause the interior didn't look very appealing nor were there much customers as its neighbour, Pho An.
 

One day, after noticing many tables having this bright yellow pancake, called 'Banh Xeo', we decided to give it a try and see how it was. Banh Xeo is a Vietnamese fried pancake made of rice flour filled with pork belly, prawns, beans and bean sprouts which is then wrapped in lettuce leaves with mint and dipped in fish sauce.
 



On this occasion, I have the 'Com Tam Bi Suon Cha ($9.00)' which is broken rice with shredded pork, pork patty and pork chop. It sort of tastes like my mums version but I don't find anything special about this dish. It's rather dry and the complimentary soup is a great addition to balance this out.
 
 
The 'Banh Xeo ($9.00)' at first glance its huge. The pork belly slices aren't fried which makes them rather soft and unappealing.
 
A decent Vietnamese restaurant if you want to avoid the queues but not a place I would frequently visit as you can get better Vietnamese food else where. I hear it is quite popular for dinner.

Where?
29-31 Greenfield Pd
Bankstown NSW 2200
Australia

Phone no: 02 9796 7586

Opening Hours
Monday - Sunday 11am - 11pm

Website
None 

My Canh on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment